[Openais] gold plating patch

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Mon Jan 23 16:54:17 PST 2006

With the move to dynamic services, we need to make things a little more
suitable for other developers to develop services and such.  This "gold
plating" patch does that:

* This patch renames some variable and function names that didn't make
much sense in handlers.h to something more suitable.
* It also removes the endian handler directly from the handler function
and allows it to be executed as part of the handler definition.
* It makes the lib and exec handler return void since there is nothing
that can be done with an error (these functions should not be able to
fail, or recover if they do).
* variables in handlers.h are prepended with "openais".

All of the test cases still appear to pass.

The final things left before we really have dynamic services are:

1. config file list of service handlers (or default if none is
specified)  Patrick mentioned he may work this out
2. abstract the conn_info data structure out of the service handler
3. remove the need for openais_config from handlers.h
4. fix up all of the external references like this_ip,
libais_send_response, totem_ip_copy, and all the other stuff.  This
should also allow us to get rid of the -rdynamic flag.  My thinking here
is that a functional interface will be passed through to the service
handler which instructs it of all of the external reference pointers
needed.

Then it should be possible to include handlers.h and lcr_comp.h and make
a complete service handler externally from the openais project.

Regards