[Openais] help me please! ahout Openais!

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 22:54:53 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 21:07 +0800, Tiantian Liu wrote:
> Hi:
>    I am a fresh man to use Openais. now I want to build a openais
> cluster.
>    I have download openais tar ball. and I have compile the
> openais,but I read the README,it said:
>   " Compile openais by running make in the root directory.  Make can
> also be run
>     in the individual directories.  Nothing is installed by make.  If
> install
>     is desired, the files must be copied manually."
>     I don not understand how to "install", what files I have to copy?
> and copy to what directories?
>    please tell me please,  and thank you very much!!

Some of the documentation could use improvement or updates.  The make
install feature has been added as of Whitetank (0.80.1) or the Trunk
version.

Basically, run make in the top level directory (directory-where-you-
untarred/openais-0.80-1) then run make install DESTDIR=/ to install all
files in the main directory.

Better yet, there are RPMs available for use on many RPM based
distributions and some debian distributions.

If you are using Fedora Core 6, you can download the RPMs automatically
using yum install openais openais-devel.  I am not sure about other
OSes, although if list members have techniques for installing for
various distributions, I'd happily add them to the documentation.

Regards
-steve