[Openais] Problems with OpenAis version 0.81

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 11:13:57 PDT 2007

Without logs it is difficult to tell what went wrong.

I would verify the following things:

You a node that has name service resolution to CENTOS.  That is required
by the "safAmfNode = AMF1" directive.  If this doesn't match, testamf1
will never be started.  Put some kind of log output in testamf1 to
verify it is actually started by AMF.  If it isn't started, this is
likely the cause of the problem.

verify:
you have mode 755 clc_cli_script in /tmp/aisexample
you have mode 755 openais-instantiate in /tmp/aisexample
you have mode 755 testamf1 in /tmp/aisexample

I have noticed sometimes the default time values shipped in amf.conf do
not work very well with some applications resulting in false positive
failure detections.  Try changing them as follows:

                             saAmfCompDefaultClcCliTimeout = 5000
                             saAmfCompDefaultCallbackTimeOut = 5000
                             saAmfHealthcheckPeriod = 5000

please send the log file generated by AIS.

Regards
-steve