[Openais] [Cluster-devel] logging: final call on configuration, output and implementation

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 10:11:06 PST 2008

Just for the record, Steven and I had a chat on IRC. This is the
transcript:

07:51 < riley_dt> yes i read your original message
07:52 < riley_dt> i was reswponding to your email not dave's
07:52 < riley_dt> your right i had not read dave's message at all
07:53 < fabbione> riley_dt: well.. nothing I can do about that, but the
thread is evolving in a positive direction
                  IMHO. There are only few bits that needs smoothing
07:53 < riley_dt> i see the correction in dave's email
07:53 < fabbione> and I am simply talking from the end of the thread. I
can't possible know what have you read or not
07:54 < riley_dt> well you can put debug in the top level config
07:54 < riley_dt> but i dont intend to do anything about it :)
07:55 < fabbione> riley_dt: and that _IS_ fine :)
07:55 < fabbione> riley_dt: allow others to use it if they want
07:55 < riley_dt> also the oring has to go
07:55 < fabbione> oring?
07:55 < riley_dt> DEBUG|WARN
07:55 < riley_dt> should be DEBUG then debug+ are logged
07:55 < fabbione> there is no oring...
07:55 < fabbione> it's an example to show what values can be there
07:55 < fabbione> you can't ORING priorities
07:56 < riley_dt> you could or select priorities
07:56 < riley_dt> i thought that is what you proposed
07:56 < riley_dt> then we are good to go
07:56 < fabbione> no.. simply a list of options
07:56 < fabbione> i received some comments from other people in my inbox
that I need to sort out
07:56 < fabbione> they didn't go to mailing lists
07:56 < riley_dt> well for trace there is oring
07:56 < riley_dt> ie: TRACE1|TRACE2
07:57 < riley_dt> it isn't "trace 1 or trace2" it is an oring
07:57 < fabbione> some are really good points.. so before everybody
dives into implementing, let's wait for the "final
                  email"
07:57 < fabbione> gotcha...
07:57 < riley_dt> when I see | I think "or"
07:57 < riley_dt> overloaded term i guess
08:49 < fabbione> riley_dt: just for the record, can you please reply to
thread and tell that you understood what we
                  have been talking about? I strongly want to avoid the
situation where in 2 months from now we will be
                  fighting again:" I said this, not this, understood
that etc."
10:11 < riley_dt> sure