[Openais] whitetank cluster not reforming after 'if down'

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Jul 21 04:49:28 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-30T12:27:33, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> I'm working with a cluster that's having trouble reforming.
> Before I explain, here is the totem section (which is the same on both
> nodes, except for the nodeid).

Hi all, Steven,

this problem persist. After a reboot, we sometimes see memberships not
reforming - for example, A B C D E, C & D reboot, we end up with A-B-E
and C-D or C / D by themselves or some other really weird membership.

The problem persist with latest whitetank. Occassionally it seems that
one of the dlm_controld processes seems to be hogging IPC (which seems
to be quite affecting the rest of the system), but this isn't always the
case.

It is not always reproducible, and the symptoms are, well, weird.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.