[Openais] Ideas for a cleaner/easier to use objdb API

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 15:33:36 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 10:29 +1200, angus salkeld wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 14:30 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 09:03 +1200, Angus Salkeld wrote:
> > > Why do you need this?
> > >
> > > I know the config file is set out like this, but why force the requirement
> > > onto objdb?
> > >
> > We could always change the config file to remove this requirement, but I
> > wonder about the case of something like using this for checkpoint
> > service internally.
> >
> > For example, create a checkpoint with two sections.  The checkpoint is
> > an object, the two sections are an object.  How do you read the various
> > sections?
>
> You could name the sections 1,2,3,4,etc.. (too simple?)

so SaCkptSectionWrite to checkpoint A section named "sectionA"  How does
it map section A to a section?

I suppose one option is
checkpoints object
	checkpoint A
		sections object
			section A
			section B

So it would be something like
object_get ("checkpoints/A/sections/A");

That would probably work for the config case too.

interfaces directive in config file would be
object_get ("totem/interfaces/1");

Regards
-steve