[Openais] Ideas for a cleaner/easier to use objdb API

Angus & Anna Salkeld ahsalkeld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:16:36 PDT 2009

What if you could have objects with the same name,

BUT you have to "tell" the object what the unique key is.

Then you could use a simplified version of an xpath like naming scheme
(we have been here before).

/clusternodes/cluster[name=freddy]/bla bla
/clusternodes/cluster[name=tom]/bla bla

I don't like the (currently) completely unstructured approach.

But as long as we can convert path to handle and handle to path
reliably and quickly (from within the objdb), then we can have a
friendlier API (and be more efficient at the same time).

Would you be OK with that?

-Angus