[Openais] [corosync] [RFE] - Support for -v (version) option

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 00:45:50 PDT 2009

Steve,
I'm looking on tagging script (I hope it's Makefile in root).

First thing:
- Do we really need patch to show revision? Becase line 101 (and 40 for
flatron):

         # set version
         echo "#define RELEASE_RELVERSION \"subrev $(REV) corosync
version $(RELVERSION)\"" \
                 > tags/corosync-$(RELVERSION)/version.h

should generate correct informations to version.h file. But this
version.h is never published to SVN so we can't use it.

What this file is good for?

I really don't understand, what tag version you want to set. RELVERSION?
In this case, can? we:
- change line 102-103 (41-42) to generate exec/version.h
- use RELVERSION in all VERSION outputs

or

- remove line 101-103 (40-43) from tagging script
- remove exec/version.h from svn (I totally agree with Fabio, that
rewriting something what is in version system control is ugly)
- use only autogen.sh to generate exec/version.h

Regards,
   Honza