[Openais] Compiling corosync trunk on Solars

Steven Dake steven.dake at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 00:22:29 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Steven Dake <sdake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 10:15 +0200, Wojtek Meler wrote:
> > Steven Dake pisze:
> > > At one time Solaris worked, but nobody has done a re-port in the
> > > community since we moved to automake.  I attempted to install Solaris
> > > x86 in a KVM virtual machine and it just locks up on startup.
> > >
> > Solaris 10 is usable in both vmware player and virtualbox. If someone
> > want to I can send 14KB vmware image
> > which one can run under free vmware player an install solaris on it
> > (these images generated with easyvmx.com hanged up).
> > > If anyone else has a solaris machine to try out porting it would be
> > > helpful.  I would really prefer 1.0 works with Solaris.
> > >

> > I could help with the code and take care of packaging it to opencsw, but
> > I'm not familiar with build system (auto*),
> > so if someone could try make linking more portable (libtool?), so trunk
> > would compile both on linux and solaris it would be great.
> >

> Alot of developers with commit access have problems with libtool which
> is why we don't use it.
>
> I have a new 64 bit workstation coming in 3-5 days and will then be able
> to install a 64 bit f11 os which apparently works with Solaris as a
> guest KVM.  I should be able to beat the build and make problems into
> shape then.
>
> Regards
> -steve
>
> > Regards,
> > Wojtek

 Wojtek,

Update here,

All of those linking flags are gcc-isms and not supported by the native
Solaris compiler.  The source buildling errors, not sure on, I'll have to
read the headers and figure out the changes.

I received my workstation and have solaris 10 installed in a VM now.  I
installed a whole bunch of csw packages including gcc 4 toolchain.

Being a Solaris novice, I assume we would prefer the software to build under
Solaris Sun Studio 12 rather then gcc4 (reading csw guidelines, it appears
csw would prefer this)?

We use some gcc-isms which may or may not be supported in Sun Studio.  I
will have to compile a test program to find out with the Solaris compiler.
Specifically we use function constructors with the
__attribute__(constructor) construct.  We also need the linker to support
lazy linking (ie no compile-time link, but try to resolve symbols at
runtime) which it probably does.

Downloading Sun Studio 12 now.  I'll let you know once I have something that
builds, then I'll send out separate patch with something that works :)

Regards
-steve