[Openais] CSI, SI and SU, Component ??? Totally confused.

harish kulkarni wasinapple at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:09:41 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I need your help in getting an understanding about these terms with an
example, i saw few examples on this mailing list which were helpful.
But not close to realistic situations.

I understand the service unit and component concept well but i didn't get
component service instance(CSI), service instance (SI) and
service group (SG) logic well, i read specs and other presentations on web
but failed to grab the said.

Please help me with your thoughts.

Use Case:

Assume i have 3 processes/components, which constitute my service
Process-1 Provides DB interface for persistent data storage
Process-2 Call Control Logic (CCL)
Process-4 Billing

Let's say i have two physical box's (blades) on which i am building the
service.

I want to have CCL and Billing on same blade always, so i define both of
them under single SU (SU-1) as two components,
one CCL component (COMP-1) and other Billing component (COMP-2).