[Openais] call for roadmap features for future releases

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sun Jun 21 08:43:48 PDT 2009

captured your other comments, but curious about following so I
understand what you mean:

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 07:31 +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 11:51 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
[snip]

> - integration of .spec files and debian/ into upstream to allow people
> to easily build rpm/deb.

could you be more specific here, I'm not certain I totally understand
the requirement.  Do you mean to ship spec files with the tarball for
those archs?

[SNIP]

> - switch the code to use OS based features rather than the BUILD_FOO
> version we have now (it's ugly and it should die).

could you be more specific here?  We have two different things:
COROSYNC_PLATFORM (in C/H files)
BUILD_PLATFORM (in makefiles)

Do you suggest to remove both of those?  Seems like an interesting goal,
but I'm not certain how it would work out in practice.  For example,
solaris doesn't support constructor execution via dlopen.  We could get
rid of COROSYNC_SOLARIS for this if we had a specific test case in
configure.ac (like C code to run during configure that verified if the
platform worked or not).  Seems like alot of special test cases we have
to add to configure.ac to set the proper config.h variables.  Is there
some other option?

Regards
-steve