[Openais] Corosync Start and Stop

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:12:38 PDT 2009

Hello again!

I have started my tests again. I have now a clean recently installed
Debian Lenny and now I have compiled
Cluster-Resource-Agents-d2a8c34056bc,
Reusable-Cluster-Components-14d81e757e41, corosync-1.1.2 and
Pacemaker-1-0-3093d90fa711 (last 1.0.5 version...).

Ok, now I can't start corosync but I think that is problem of the init
script. The next function:
internal_status() {
    /usr/bin/killall -0 corosync > /dev/null 2>&1
    return $?
}

is trying to know the status of corosync process. In my case (in my two
nodes...) is telling me that the corosync is running always... doing and
/etc/init.d/corosync start, /etc/init.d/corosync status and even worst
executing /etc/init.d/corosync stop. It is always waiting for corosync
is stopped but it will never happen because it is thinking that corosync
is always running... I don't know why ...

If I run corosync I could see corosync, crmd, lrmd, stonithd, etc.
running on the server...

some idea ?

Regards!