[Openais] [Linux-ha-dev] CFP: Linux Plumbers Mini-Conf on High-Availability/Clustering

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Tue Aug 10 10:48:12 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-04T15:59:27, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at novell.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there will (hopefully!) be a mini-conference on HA/Clustering at this
> year's LPC in Cambridge, MA, Nov 3-5th.

Just a quick reminder, there've not been many proposals submitted yet.
If the trend continues, the mini-conf slot might instead be allocated to
another topic ...

Please, do consider to submit a talk to this soon - I know it's to a
large degree my fault for sending out the request so late.

I'm also planning to arrive a day early so we can have some conference
free time to talk as well.

> This would be an informal summit for the HA folks to get together and
> discuss the various issues that would benefit from a face to face
> meeting; to facilitate progress faster than by exchanging countless
> e-mails.
>
> The goal would be a very technical discussion - the sessions would be
> focus points, but the chance to get the core folks from the community
> together is key.
>
> Topics that come to my mind and that would seek speakers/discussion
> leaders are fencing, resource agent evolution, synergies between
> init/upstart/lrm, or wildly reaching out to the stars - where's our
> place in the cloud? Can we build clustered appliances? Anything
> remaining in the file system spaces?
>
> I hope you have other ideas and want to attend the conference. You can
> submit them here:
> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/events/LPC2010MC/proposals/new
>
> Miniconference proposal submissions are not necessarily time-limited,
> but I would appreciate a fast turn-around. ;-)
>
> I look forward to your submissions. Please let me know if you have any
> questions.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.