[Openais] Configurability of Corosync

Sampathkumar, Kishore Kishore.SampathKumar at lsi.com
Wed Aug 11 20:00:17 PDT 2010

On Saturday, August 07, 2010 10:49 PM, Steven Dake wrote:
+
+ On 08/05/2010 03:13 AM, Sampathkumar, Kishore wrote:
+ > Hi,
+ >
+ > I wanted to understand what aspects of Corosync are configurable today.
+ >
+ > So far, what I have found is the following:
+ > - ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES listed in corosync_overview(8) man page
+ > - All configurable values listed in corosync.conf(5) man page.
+ >
+ > Is there anything else?
+ >
+
+ those are all the config parameters.
+
+ > Also, is there a way I can control the amount of multicast traffic? As
+ > an example, on an "idle" corosync cluster, I was noticing the output of
+ > "tcpdump ip multicast". I wanted to know if I can control the frequency
+ > of this multicast.
+
+ The idle multicast traffic you are witnessing is a result of the "merge"
+ timeout parameter which defaults to 200mseec and sends out a multicast on
+ this period.
+
+ For clusters under full load, the window_size and max_messages parameters
+ can limit the multicasts sent.

What I'm finding is missing in the above man pages are the following:
- configuration options for the event service.
- configuration option to specify a 'service' using a top level directive,
  and the configuration options for each of the services.

Are the above specified somewhere?
- man pages?
- embedded in comments in code?
- email exchanges?
- separate README and/or documentation files?

Thanks and Regards,
- Kishore