[Openais] separate interfaces as separate nodes?

Fredrik Arnerup fredrik.arnerup at edgeware.tv
Fri Aug 20 01:34:18 PDT 2010

Well, suppose you have two servers (A and B), each with two interfaces (1 &
2).
Now, one of these four interfaces needs to be the master and hold the
virtual ip.
Let's say A1 is master and then the A1 interface goes down.
Neither A nor B will notice that A1 is down because B is still reachable via
A2.

I suppose A could use netlink to detect that A1 is down and switch to A2.
(That won't work if the problem is at a switch, although admittedly, it is
unlikely for 1 and 2 to be connected to different switches.)

I thought it would be simpler to treat each interface as a separate node.
Of course, then you would have to make sure that traffic between 1 and 2
isn't routed internally.

/Fredrik