[Openais] How Corosync identifies a new node?

S, Prashanth Prashanth.S at lsi.com
Fri Mar 12 02:32:03 PST 2010

Hi!

I need to clarify my understanding on how corosync handles addition of a new node.
I think whenever a new node is up it will multicast about its arrival.  This will result in gather->recovery->operational state changes and notifying via the config change callback.
I have another question: Does corosync/pacemaker maintain any data about old nodes? If so, is there any significance for maintaining old nodes' data?

Regards,
Prashanth