[Openais] can we export coropoll as a library?

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 03:00:31 PDT 2010

> > > interesting idea, volunteering to maintain it?
> > >

> > Sure, I'de love to.
> >

> I had to give this some consideration.  I am a big fan of "do one thing
> do it well".  Taken in this context, your arguments are pretty
> convincing...
>
> Could you go into more detail about structure, components, etc.  I have
> some ideas, but more interested in how you think this would be
> structured.
Well have a project that produces a number of libraries derived
directly from corosync.

- list    (header)
- tlist   (header)
- hdb     (header)
- timers  (library)
- poll    (library)
- objdb   (library)
- ipc     (client & server library)
- tsafe   (library)
- logsys  (library)
- lcr     (library)
- wthread (library)

- We need to decide to what extent this should be compatible with
  glib (g_mainloop, g_timer, etc...).
- Also these will need to be as independent as possible so people can
  use what they want without having to pull in everything.
- We also need to think how to handle logging & stats (currently
  ipcs logs and produces stats).

> Also I hope you know what your getting into; maintaining a project is a
> big personal investment.

Yes I know but also give me a chance to set direction to some extent
which will be fun. Obviously development will be driven from it's
main users so that should make it easy to guide it in the right
direction.

-Angus