[Openais] corosync won't shutdown with firewall on

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 16:13:55 PDT 2010

Hi

When setting up and you forget your firewall on (like I did).

totem gets stuck in the gather state:
Mar 23 09:39:16 corosync [TOTEM ] entering GATHER state from 3.
Mar 23 09:39:18 corosync [TOTEM ] The consensus timeout expired.

Our current shutdown relies on the ability to send a token.
It hooks into sched_work() which gets fired on token_send.
In the above state we are not in a state to send a token
so we can't shutdown.

We probably need to check that the totem state is operational
before calling schedwrk_create(), if not call
service_exit_schedwrk_handler() directly.

-Angus