[Openais] Announcing release of Corosync 1.2.1

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 15:50:09 PDT 2010

I am pleased to announce the release of Corosync 1.2.1. This update
operates more smoothly with Pacemaker, especially in the shutdown case.
This bugfix update has the following changes:

* Fix problem where loss-prone networks can generate false positive node
failure detection.
* Fix lockup which can occur during shutdown because of pthread use
inside atexit handlers.
* All thread-unsafe posix api usage was changed to use the thread-safe
variants.
* Fix race condition related to cpg_join/cpg_finalize/cpg_leave in a
loop.
* Fix error handling on service connects to not leak memory if the
connection could not be made.
* Fix token hold cancel's parameter which was causing Wireshark to
coredump.
* Major rework of the shutdown process to be more friendly with service
engines, specifically Pacemaker.
* Remove a segfault in the cfg api.
* Resolve a problem where if a node fails and is restarted within the
token timeout parameter, it wasn't being detected as a failure.  It is
now detected faulty first then joins back into the network.
* Remove invalid assertion in totemsrp which could trigger an assertion.
* init script rework to fix problems found during Pacemaker integration
* Resolve problem where if consensus = 1200 (default) corosync would
print an error and not start.

A big thanks to our community who investigated and resolved these
issues.

The software is available via our website at:

http://www.corosync.org.

Regards
-steve