[Openais] [Corosync] [Patch] [FreeBSD] coroipcc_service_connect() returns 0 in some cases

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Mon Mar 29 15:54:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 11:10 +0200, Jerome Flesch wrote:
> Hello,

[snip]
> Is there a more adequate way of getting debug information from the
> libraries themselves ?
>
> I was thinking of a slightly more elegant way of doing it. I could add
> functions like for example: 'void coroipcc_set_lasterror(const char
> *str)', 'const char *coroipcc_get_lasterror(void)' ? Using
> pthread_setspecific(), it would be possible to make it thread-safe. Do
> you think it would be worth I spend some time on making a patch for that ?

Hi

Thats a good idea, I also like what libevent does:
http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/libevent-book/Ref1_libsetup.html

They give you a way to define a log function, if set, the library calls
your log function.

I suppose there are people that REALLY like to be in control of their
logs and would not want that (they would prefer your idea) and those
that just want lots of info to debug their code.

Perhaps we could do both and be flexible.

-Angus