[Openais] HA Cluster Connected over VPN

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 03:02:39 UTC 2012

On 01/25/2012 12:32 PM, M Siddiqui wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a situation where two cluster nodes are connected over the VPN;
> each node
> is configured with two interfaces to provide ring redundancy for corosync:
>
> NODE1:
>    eth1: 192.168.1.111/24 <http://192.168.1.111/24>
>    eth2: 192.168.1.112/24 <http://192.168.1.112/24>
>
> NODE2:
>    eth1: 192.168.1.113/24 <http://192.168.1.113/24>
>    eth2: 192.168.1.114/24 <http://192.168.1.114/24>
>
> corosync version 1.4.2
> transport udpu (multicast has the same issue)
>
> Since two nodes are geographically distributed and connected over the VPN,
> configuring each interface in a different subnet is not an option here.
>
> Now corosync got confused due to same subnet; how we can handle this
> situation?
> What is the experts recommendation? Thanks in advance for the answer.

I'm pretty sure if you're doing multiple rings, they need to be on
separate subnets.  Question: if you're going over a single openVPN
instance, you only really have one communication path between the nodes,
right?  In which case, redundant rings won't actually help.

Also, you probably want the discuss at corosync.org list.
openais at lists.linux-foundation.org is deprecated, for lack of a better term.

Regards,

Tim