[packaging] Meeting next week to discuss trusted third-party repositories

Peter Dolding oiaohm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 03:47:10 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> The energy that goes into the posts on this thread is impressive.
>
> Can some of that energy be redirected to implementing?

Partly is if 0install or any other framework can move up to a level
that matches all our requirements.

Distribution neutral.
Secure.
Deals with conflicts well.
Supports runtimes
Works well for all 3 types of users.  Ie end users, administration
staff and developers.

I would just as simply put it forward as a feature to be included in
future LSB standards.

0install is the closest to what is required.

I would of course love more than 1 framework competing for it.  Even
in the end more than 1 framework might end up approved.   I would love
for some of those other distribution try to come up with a working
system.   What ever system gets up a long term support system will
have to exist.

Peter Dolding