[packaging] Meeting next week to discuss trusted third-party repositories

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 20 11:48:03 PST 2008

To everybody trying to interest me in alternative package
managers:   All I really want to discuss is how to use the
existing native package managers better; I don't want to
work around them.

Maybe I should look for a mailing list where
I can have that discussion and not forever have
to wade through thickets of "No, use THIS tool!  Don't use
the distro's package managers, they're EVIL because they
require ROOT!  We need to reengineer EVERYTHING from
SCRATCH!  And I'm going to keep posting about it
until I TURN BLUE!  In fact, I'm going to KILL THIS PUPPY
if you don't adopt my idea!"

There, I feel better now :-)
- Dan