[packaging] Meeting next week to discuss trusted third-party repositories

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Dec 21 08:01:54 PST 2008

On Dec 21, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Denis Washington wrote:

> No comments on the rest of the mail? I guess you assumed I'll simply
> repeat what already is defined in the LSB.

There's a time and place for comments too. After specification please,
or at least
later, after its clear

I cannot comment on this list without being accused of RPM Chauvinism
for reasons
I cannot change. But you know the other list where I am permitted to
reply more freely too.

But I most surely will participate in any packaging standard effort.

BTW, you might also look at Mancoosi and EDOS models when searching
for relevant specifications. Mancoosi is a EU research group that
is attempting formal modeling of software installation and distribution,
looking at scaling/reliability/reproducibility problems.

Hint: Careful about "dependency hell" issues however, LSB forbids most
dependencies, that is extremely well specified.

73 de Jeff