[packaging] Wiki or summary page, anywhere?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Dec 24 11:43:17 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> wrote:
> It would be great if Google distributed LSB packages.

Yes, it would!

> What prevents Goggle from distributing LSB packages?

Mostly unmet dependencies that we don't want to, or can't, bundle.

We've been experimenting with it, and it looks like LSB 4.0 is close
to what we need.  Wine's going to have to switch ssl libraries
before we can avoid depending on openssl, though.
(We can't bundle openssl for legal reasons; it might be allowed,
but the paperwork is scary.)
- Dan