[Printing-architecture] First run - Basic architecture

Pete Zannucci pzaan at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 11 11:18:45 PDT 2002

Folks,
Here is the first pass at an architecture diagram for the system.
I will be putting some information behind the parts shortly.
Please let me know what isn't there or is incorrect.
I'm sure everyone has their ideas of what needs to be in the
system and this drawing is very basic (based on what projects
we are currently working on.

I have intentionally left out things like alerts/messaging because
we will have to develop a scheme that will not only fit a single
system but also will be scalable across the network.

(See attached file: arch2.jpg)

Thanks,

Peter Zannucci

IBM Linux Technology Center