[Printing-architecture] Bi-di plug-in functionarities

Yasumasa TORATANI toratani.yasumasa at canon.co.jp
Thu Dec 12 05:53:10 PST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:18:59 -0600
"Pete Zannucci" <pzaan at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Since CUPS has a major portion of what is already needed, we should
> start looking what would need to be extended, if anything.
>
> Much of the work would be designing a backend architecture to support
> plugins.  That would be a good beginning utilizing the basic CUPS
> infrastructure.

I appreciate your comment, and that would be a nice and reasonable
thing we could begin first, if we could have a consensus of how we
should support the bi-di channel in the whole printing framework.
And I'd like to ask Peter and All about the current consensus or
the plan of how the US people would tackle the Notification API or
the Capabilities API including the dynamic capabilities that might be
firmly related to the bi-di channel.

Thanks,
Yasumasa TORATANI.