[Printing-architecture] Re: [printing-driver] FSG Printer Wor king Group conference call 03/26/03

TAYLOR,BOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1) bobt at hp.com
Wed Mar 26 07:33:53 PST 2003

see inline -

bt

<bt>
There should be an API - but the API needs some kind of data model.  I'd
rather see this API adopt one of the more flexible existing data models
(PSI capabilities, UPDF, ...) that make yet another, which just adds another
translation into the pile - and in many cases, this may be an unnecessary
translation.  This doesn't mean that the "back end file" has to be the same
format as that passed through the API - but in some (many?) cases it could
be.
</bt>