[Printing-architecture] FSG/OP Requirements use model diagrams

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Aug 19 10:06:30 PDT 2003

Hi,

Alan Berkema (HP, chair of IEEE/ISTO PWG Print Services Interfaces, PSI)
updated three of the five PSI use model diagrams in the style I suggested
in the simple ASCII-art diagram I sent below.  I stored Alan's (original)
document on the PWG FTP server at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/psi-reqs-figs-2.pdf

CHANGES we made at today's PSI telecon to use model 1 are:

(1) Extended the blue Personal Area Network (PAN) ellipse to include
    Target Printer within the Bluetooth PAN domain (see use model 2).
(2) Changed 'Public WAN' to simply 'Internet'
(3) Put the 'PAN' _inside_ the blue ellipse (like 'Intranet')
(4) Added 'Intranet' _inside_ the Content Provider's black ellipse'

On reflection, I personally prefer the generic term 'Piconet' to
'PAN' for the Mobile's administrative domain.

Glen - I'll try to get MS PowerPoint source (or whatever) for these
diagrams to you ASAP - I'll write up my Mobile print-by-reference
use case for FSG/OP with a simple ASCII-art equivalent diagram.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc