[Printing-architecture] IBM C JTAPI code has been approved for contribution to FSG

Claudia Alimpich alimpich at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 30 13:22:39 PST 2003

Good news!

As the subject line says, IBM has approved the contribution of the C JTAPI
code for use by FSG Open Print to develop open source C JTAPI code.

Since the FSG JT WG has made some enhancements/changes to the IBM JTAPI
design, the IBM C JTAPI code will be modified to align with these
enhancements/changes before releasing the C JTAPI as open source from FSG
Open Print.

The first step is for me to package up the IBM C JTAPI header files and
distribute them to the members of the FSG JT WG. I will not distribute (or
post) the IBM C JTAPI outside of the FSG JT WG because we do not want to
confuse the community in thinking that the IBM C JTAPI is available for
distribution. We want to wait and distribute the FSG version later on.

Claudia