[Printing-architecture] RE: How to convert xhtml-print to printer specific data

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Mar 10 06:23:19 PST 2005

Hi Prince,

By "actual print data" do you mean a raster format like
PCL or a vector format like PDF or something else?

The XHTML-Print to actual print data conversion is done
by an "interpreter" (either on the spooler or the target
printer).  Support for printing of HTML documents is
becoming more common on printers.  Typically, a modern
HTML interpreter can also parse XHTML correctly.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839