[Printing-architecture] Minutes of FSG Arch meeting on Wed Jan 25th

Claudia Alimpich alimpich at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 25 13:25:19 PST 2006

Participants:
Claudia Alimpich (IBM)
Ira McDonald (High North Inc.)
Norm Jacobs (Sun)

We talked about attending the OSDL Printing Summit meeting in April 10-12
in Atlanta. We decided that because the work that has been done in FSG
Open Print (for example, PAPI and JTAPI/Job Ticketing) has not been
publicized as much as it should have been, there needs to be an FSG Open
Print presence at the OSDL Printing Summit.

The PWG meeting is the week before (April 3-7) in NJ. We have worked with
PWG in the past to ensure that FSG and PWG are not stepping on each other
toes, so there is already an awareness of FSG within PWG.  For that
reason, we recommend that if FSG members are only able to attend one
meeting that they attend the OSDL Printing Summit. There is another PWG
meeting in October that FSG could consider attending.

Ira volunteered to give a 10 minute presentation on the status of FSG
during the PWG meeting in April. Ira will let PWG know.

I will inform Harry Lewis that FSG will not be attending the PWG meeting
in April. If anyone in FSG is interested in attending the PWG meeting on
their own, that will be great, but there will not be a joint PWG/FSG
meeting the week of April 3-7.

Claudia