[Printing-architecture] [yes] Should we have an Arch meeting on Wed April 19th?

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Apr 18 12:30:30 PDT 2006

Hi,

I think we should tomorrow to talk about our next steps and
priorities for collaboration growing out of the printing summit.

I'd also like to discuss printing topics for the upcoming:

(a) FSG LSB (Linux Std Base) meeting in Boston (1-2 June); and

(b) DDC (Desktop Developers Conference) in Ottawa (17-18 July).

I think we need Status Monitoring API rewritten from the FSG
Japan monolithic original (now that their PCM API is done).

I think we need Device Discovery API and Capabilities API soon.

I propose to modify my previous PWG Transform Interface draft
(web-based SOAP service operations)

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/BOFs/tfm/tb-tfmstrawman-20040809.htm

to follow FSG naming conventions for an FSG Transform API.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839