[Desktop_printing] Re: [Printing-architecture] Re: Building PAPI implementation

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu May 18 15:25:46 PDT 2006

I tried the trick with the links. I did

[root at majax c]# mv /usr/lib/libpapi.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/libpapi.so.0.0.0.orig
[root at majax c]# ln -s /usr/lib/psm-ipp.so /usr/lib/libpapi.so.0.0.0

And then I got a lot of output with "printer-query", all CUPS-specific
options and settings, but still one important thing missing: The options
in the PPD file. So I cannot build a complete printing dialog with the
info which I can poll with PAPI and this is very important for the
standard to be adopted.

Another thing is taht if I have queues which are broadcasted from remote
machines to my local CUPS daemon, "printer-query" cannot poll info about
them at all. It tells that these queues do not exist.

Printing with the PAPI "lpr" command works, but "print-test" complains
with the following error:

[root at majax c]# print-test -d LJ4050
print-test: relocation error: print-test: symbol papiJobCreate, version
SUNWprivate_1.0 not defined in file libpapi.so.0 with link time reference
[root at majax c]#