[Printing-architecture] PAPI should be implemented in the CUPS package

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 10:49:20 PDT 2006

Oi,

on the last FSG OpenPrinting Steering Comittee phone meeting we came out
with the result that the best for getting PAPI into the Linux
distributions (and into all other operating systems using CUPS) is to
have it as a part of the CUPS package, as the distributions are always
using an up-to-date version of CUPS.

Therefore I have posted a feature request:

http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1767

Please everyone who has a comment to it, post directly into this feature
request.