[Printing-architecture] [Printing-sc] migration of OpenPrinting WIKI

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Jul 17 02:37:55 PDT 2006

Osamu MIHARA wrote:
> Here are my comments.
>
> o "Printer Driver" and "SM" is linked to APAC's page. (Is this
> intentional, Higuchi-san?)

These sub projects are done by the APAC workgroup and the APAC page has
all links to the implementations now (the implementation pages of
printer driver, SM, and PCM are the same). As long as printer driver and
SM do not have their own Wiki pages we should leave it this way.
Volunteers are welcome to create separate Wiki pages for printer driver,
SM and PCM.

> o Link menu for work group is not shown. See capture attached. (It is
> enabled in DMI workgroups pages.)

Here someone with access to the configuration of the MediaWiki is
needed, Lawrence? Jeff?

> o We have 2 published specifications - PAPI and JTAPI, but they are not
> available from Specifications menu of FSG site -
> http://www.freestandards.org/en/Specifications

The files are spread around everywhere (PWG, SourceForge, ...), can
someone tell me where are the current versions of all the OpenPrinting
specifications? Perhaps the one who has uploaded them, Claudia? Ira?
Norm? (We must really do a central organization of all FSG OpenPrinting
files an repositories on the FSG servers)

> We should request to add these to above page;
>   2. OpenPrinting
>     2.1 Print Application Programming Interface (PAPI)
>     2.2 Job Ticket Application Programming Interface (JTAPI)

This would be a good idea, but then we would also need to add PDAPI, SM,
and PCM.