[Printing-architecture] resend notes from last week
wendy.phillips at sun.com
Thu Jul 20 12:25:30 PDT 2006
Apparently, this didn't go out to the alias; could be that I fumbled
it on the keyboard. So here tis again ...
I have purposely not included the follow-on discussions about fhs standard;
this is a summary of the meeting as it occurred.
1. Installation path for ppd files
2. PPD file naming convention
3. Installation path for print drivers
The contents of this directory are entirely determine
by the supplier. The path to a driver is found by using
an absolute path in the ppd file.
4. It was agreed that install scripts be written in Bourne Shell
without any extensions.
5. We decided to eliminate /usr/lib/printdrivers/bin
More information about the Printing-architecture