[Printing-architecture] selecting an OpenPrinting chair for next year...

Norm Jacobs Norm.Jacobs at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 18 22:49:04 PDT 2006

Good, bad, or indifferent, I have opted to step down as FSG OpenPrinting
chair next year.  When I agreed to chair OpenPrinting, I did so because
I wanted to see a bunch of good work move forward.  I also only expected
to serve for a one year term.  Well, that was just under two years ago.
As a result of this, we need to select a new chair for next year.  If
you have any nominations, you can reply to this message.  For those that
are attending the summit in Lexington next week, we should probably
discuss this there.

Having done this for a while now, I have to say, a one year term
probably suits everyone best.  A year is enough time to get some things
done and not too long to get burned out.  After that, the position and
the group need an infusion of new blood.

At any rate, I will be stepping down effective January 1, 2007

    -Norm