[Printing-architecture] Schedule for 2007 printing summit

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Nov 6 13:24:54 PST 2006

Hi Till,

Inline comments below.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: printing-architecture-bounces at lists.freestandards.org
[mailto:printing-architecture-bounces at lists.freestandards.org]On Behalf
Of Till Kamppeter
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:12 PM
To: McDonald, Ira
Cc: printing-architecture at lists.freestandards.org; 'harryl at us.ibm.com';
printing-summit at lists.freestandards.org
Subject: Re: [Printing-architecture] Schedule for 2007 printing summit

McDonald, Ira wrote:
> Given our completely different typical corporate
> budget years in Japan, Europe, and US, it will be
> impossible to schedule meetings conveniently for
> every participant's funding constraints.
>
> Other thoughts - early May is awful for holidays in
> Japan, so let's just not use it - June through August
> is awful for vacations in all nations in the Northern
> Hemisphere - the July meeting of the PWG always has
> the smallest attendenance.
>
> I suggest that the most practical times (avoiding
> summer vacations and winter weather) would be April
> (small FSG/OP project meeting) and either September
> or October (large Printing Summit meeting).
>
> The PWG has a firm schedule for another co-located
> meeting with P2600 and TCG in the week of 23-27 April
> (with PWG meetings on Thursday/Friday 26-27 April).
>
> The PWG Steering Committee invites FSG/OP to consider
> April for the next small FSG/OP project meeting.

So then we could schedule the small FSG/OP project meeting on
Tuesday/Wednesday 24-25 April in Piscataway, NJ and the next Printing
Summit coupled with the September PWG meeting in Montreal.

Is Piscataway, NJ the IEEE office?

<ira> Yes </ira>

Whose facility will be used for the September PWG meeting in Montreal?

<ira> No one's facility - just a possible city in the fall.
Montreal location and September (versus October) date are
very tentative and may change in further PWG planning. </ira>

Is September/October the beginning of the fiscal year for some countries?

<ira> Yes, for some US businesses it is. </ira>