[Printing-architecture] [Printing-sc] Application of OpenPrinting as Mentoring Organization for the Google Summer of Code 2007

TORATANI Yasumasa toratani.yasumasa at canon.co.jp
Sun Mar 11 20:28:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

Some of the Japan side opvp developer know;
- OPVP interface
- "opvp" implementation as the Ghostscript driver
- Some OPVP complianced modularized driver for a few PDLs.
So, they will be able to make suggestions for OPVP specific issues.

On the other hand, there are few engineers who know the Ghostscript
inside code in detail, or other type of many Ghostscript built in drivers,
such as x11*, tiff*, png*, pswrite, pdfwrite, and many drivers for seveal
printer vendor's PDL., such as dj*, lp*, lex*, pcx*, etc.

If we ask someone to modify these drivers as modularized, I think we
need volunteers who know these driver's code in dtail.

BTW, do we need to modify all the Ghostscript built-in drivers as
modularized? If we do not have to, the priority list of the drivers that
we need to modularize might be helpful for asking someone to be
volunteers.

TORATANI.