[Printing-architecture] Reminder - Wed 6 June - OP Architecture

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:57:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

Below is the agenda from our just missed OP Steering Committee
meeting.  I suggest that we treat today's OP Architecture telecon
as an "Open Steering Committee" meeting (the PWG does these
periodically too).  We have reports on the OP Japan activities from
Toratani-san as well (appended).

Wednesday 6 June:

12:00-1:00 PM US Pacific time
1:00-2:00 PM US Mountain time
3:00-4:00 PM US Eastern time
8:00-9:00 PM Western European time

Due to off-cycle call, please use this Free Conference Call number:
FC Backup Number: 712-580-0600
Conference Code: 839473#

Agenda:

(1) Review minutes of last OP SC meeting -
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/steering_committee/ in the files
       OP-SC-Minutes-20070514.htm/pdf

(2) Printing Dialog Open Usability face-to-face meeting in June 2007
   - LinuxTag 2007 in Berlin - 30 May to 2 June 2007
     - Till - brief report / summary
     - Till - prepare slides soon for LF Summit meeting

(3) Open Printing at LF Summit face-to-face in June 2007
   - LF Summit - Mountain View, CA - 13-15 June 2007
   - See:
     http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/
     - main page
     http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Desktop_Architects_Meeting_4
     - LF Desktop Architects Meeting 4 (DAM4)
     http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/LFSummitMountainView2007
     - LF Open Printing

(4) Printing Summit and PWG face-to-face in September 2007
   - Printing Summit - Montreal, Canada - 10-13 September 2007
     - Ira working with Louis Desjardins (coordinator of recent LGM)
     - Ecole Polytechnique - professors/students/IT will attend
     http://www.polymtl.ca/inter/en/index.php (English home page)
   - IEEE/ISTO PWG - Montreal, Canada - 13-14 September 2007
     - Joint Plenary IEEE-ISTO PWG / LF OP - Thursday 13 September
     - PWG working group meetings - Thursday/Friday 13-14 September

(5) Report on Open Printing Japan activities
   - See
   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/vector/work-in-progress/pdapi-spec-1.0rc3-070603-5.odt
   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/vector/work-in-progress/pdapi-spec-1.0rc3-070603-5.pdf
   - PDAPI, CUPS PDF Filter, etc.

(6) Future directions for Open Printing - 2007 to 2009
   - Glen - OP Embedded Client Thin-Thread

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com

-------------- Note from Totatani-san ----------------
Hi,

As the SC meeting has been canceled, I post the monthly report
of the Japan side activity;

- OPVP spec - revised OPVP 1.0 document RC3 has been posted at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/vector/work-in-progress/pdapi-spec-1.0rc3-070603-5.odt
- OPVP spec
 - Spec is almost fixed except two API, opvpSetLineDash, opvpGetLineDash
 - RC4 fill be posted by the LF meeting
- OPVP implementation
 - will be updated after finishing the RC4 spec.
 - found image drawsing bugs with OPVP 0.2 driver, and now investigating
- CUPS PDF filter implementation
 - finished, and will be pulic soon