[Printing-architecture] RE: [Printing-summit] RE: where is th e info on driver directories

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Nov 9 08:24:41 PST 2007

A thought I did not complete in the last email is the directory structure
for pdpca.  With in the $bindir/pdpca directory, do we ...

1.)  Have no sub directories for the pdpca files
2.)  Have subdirectories based on <dev>

I actually like number '1.)'.  The first reason is that I believe that <dev>
will start having sub-dir, with more sub-dir, with more sub-dir etc..  I
find this to be a pain-in-neck when I am trying to locate something of the
nature of the pdpca.  It is ok for the <dev> but not typically anyone else.
Another advantage of '1.)' is there can never be two files with the same
filename.  This will prevent bad naming or improper naming by various
independent developing parties.