[Printing-architecture] Google Summer of Code 2008 -- Call for Projects / Conference Calls

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 09:36:09 PST 2008

Hi,

the Linux Foundation is applying as a mentoring organization at the
Google Summer of Code 2008:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008

To get our standards, specs, and projects implemented and to find new
developers, we are offering several projects for students to implement:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code

Everyone of you is invited to add his own project ideas. Please give
also a project description of around 20-30 lines to attract students to
work on the projects (will also follow for the projects which I have
posted).

Note that we need all projects posted up to March 10, as March 12 is the
deadline for mentoring organization applications.

You are also invited to help filling the mentoring organization
application form as described on

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_org_apply

To coordinate this I invite you to join our conference call

    - Monday 3 March 2008, Evening
      - US/Europe
        3pm in San Francisco - US PST (Pacific Standard Time)
        4pm in Colorado - US MST (Mountain Standard Time)
        5pm in Chicago - US CST (Central Standard Time)
        6pm in New York - US EST (Eastern Standard Time)

    - Tuesday 4 March 2008, Morning
      - Europe
        12am in Berlin - CET (Central European Time)
      - Japan
        8am in Japan - JST (Japan Standard Time)

    Toll Free (866) 839-8145
    Int'l (865) 524-6352
    ACCESS Code: 7548766

This is the monthly call of the OpenPrinting Steering Committee
(OpenPrinting is main contributor of projects to the GSoC), but the GSoC
will be the main subject and done in the beginning of the call. This is
late in the evening for Europeans, but it is the only way to get also
the Japaneses participating.

We can also have a second conference call on Thursday March 6 (2pm PST,
5pm EST, 11pm CET, 7am+ JST or later) or on Friday March 7 at any time
(for example 9am PST, noon EST, 6pm CET). WDYT?