[Printing-architecture] [lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 and printing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:34:13 PDT 2008

What can be added without problems is SANE, as this is in every common
distro and with the strong trend on multi-function devices it is very
important for hardware vendors to make driver packages. It also allows
to expand the initiative on distribution-independent driver packages to
scanners (including stand-alone devices).

Doing uplifts, like CUPS 1.1.x -> 1.2.x is not possible as LSB 4.0 is
based on the same enterprise distros as 3.2. Why not 3.3 then? We should
raise the major number for new enterprise distros as base and the minor
for a new LSB based on the same enterprise distros. WDYT?

Any suggestions on what else to add to the printing requirements?

We will also talk in Austin on the joint session of LSB and OpenPrinting
about that subject.

    Till