[Printing-architecture] [GSoC] Implementing JTAPI

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Apr 4 10:30:52 PDT 2008

Aditya,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have been looking into opinion for this year's
GSoc projects.  I am trying to extend the current JTAPI project to allow a
second student.   We have a strong candidate for the existing JTAPI project.
So what I going to try and propose to have a second JTAPI activity that
begins the development of JDF job-ticket JTAPI input module.  This means, a
module that can read JDF job-ticket, translate it JTAPI object/attributes,
and then calls the JTAPI.  If time permits it would nice to create the
output module which does the opposite.

I don't believe this will require any unique domain (printing) knowledge.
The project is basically a parser, hash (translation) functions and API
calling.

If this project interest you, please let me know?

Also note, that in the end Google decides how many student slots each
organization gets; so we are not sure if we will get a slot for the original
JTAPI and/or this additional JTAPI project.

glen

  _____