[Printing-architecture] Coding the Common Printing Dialog and its interface

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu May 1 22:59:16 PDT 2008

"Alex Wauck" <alex.wauck at gmail.com> writes:

> Clarification:
> It is an aspect ratio restriction.  If it was a simple height restriction,
> it would be easy.  Fixed aspect ratio is still a pain in the butt in Qt, and
> it has certain usability/user experience implications.  Plus, I'm not sure
> what the advantage is.  The ratio between the widths of the columns is
> useful and not a problem, but I would like to at least see a clear reason
> for making all columns the same height as the width of the second column.

Given my comments about i18n string issues, the only workable solution
I can think of when you really *have* to use a fixed aspect ratio (or
fixed dimensions for that matter) would be a widget with (on-demand)
scroll bars.

That said, scrolling horizontally is a seriously bad user experience.

Hope this helps,