[Printing-architecture] [Gimp-print-devel] Common Printing Dialog: PPD extension specs updated

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:38:53 PDT 2008

Robert Krawitz wrote:
>    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:18:44 +0200
>    From: Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com>
>
>    Robert Krawitz wrote:
>    > I've added support for Quick Presets using the Image Type
>    > (StpImageType) and for widget hinting.  They pass cupstestppd.  Till,
>    > can you check them out (use "make ppd-global" to produce
>    > multi-language PPDs).
>
>    Generally, the PPDs are generated correctly, but there are some problems:
>
>    - All the translated UI strings are English for me. My distro is
>    Ubuntu Intrepid. What do I have to change to get actual
>    translations. I would like to have multi-language PPDs in both
>    Ubuntu and LSB packages.
>
> How did you create the PPD files: are these statically generated
> files, did you use cups-genppdupdate, did you create new queues?
>
> What locale is your system running in?

I used the following configure command line. It is from the LSB package
but with I18n reactivated:

./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-rpath
--without-modules --disable-libgutenprintui --disable-libgutenprintui2
--without-gimp --without-gimp2 --with-cups --without-ghostscript
--without-foomatic --with-foomatic3 --disable-test --enable-cups-ppds
         --enable-cups-level3-ppds --enable-static-genppd
--enable-simplified-cups-ppds --enable-cups-1_2-enhancements
--enable-escputil

I want to conserve this command line as far as possible for the LSB package.

My locale is en_US.UTF-8, I did not create any queues, I did not even do
"make install". I only looked into the PPDs which I got in src/cups/ppd/
after running "make".