[Printing-architecture] Some Comments /Feedback on CPD Specification

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:28:17 PST 2008

Glen, thank you for the long list of suggestions on how to improve the
specs for the CPD.

The UI specifications

http://wiki.openusability.org/printing/index.php/Specification

are not hosted by OpenPrinting nor by the Linux Foundation. So I do not
have write access to them.

Who can improve or fix them are only the OpenUsability people.

Peter, can you have a look at Glen Petrie's suggestions for improving
your specifications of the UI of the Common Printing Dialog? As far as
it looks for me this is not a request for changing the UI in any way,
but a request for a better formulation of the specs.

Glen talks also about the option names in your examples, but note that
in the real dialog these strings do not come from you. They are
controlled by the PPDs and if we want to take control on them we must
add additional sections to PPD extension specs.

    Till