[Printing-architecture] Project ideas for OpenPrinting in the Google Summer of Code 2009

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:05:37 PST 2009

Alex Wauck wrote:
> I intend to resume my work on the KDE4 implementation of the Common
> Printing Dialog at some point in the near future.

Great, you can continue and upload at any time. Note that the BZR
repository has moved to

http://bzr.openprinting.org/misc/common-printing-dialog

with the release of Foomatic 4.0 last week.

> I could work on
> patching applications for CPDAPI support for GSoC.

Yes this would be great. I would reserve a slot for your then.

Lars, would you mentor Alex?

> I also have a friend who has quite a bit of experience with web apps and
> is looking to do GSoC this year.  He has expressed interest in working
> on the driver management web app.

Please bring me in contact with your friend and tell him to send me a
mail telling about his experiences, what and where he is studying, in
which projects he is involved, ... simply for me to know more about him.

Would be great if I have already two students
before the application period opens.