[Printing-architecture] OpenPrinting Summit 2009: First cut of putting the sessions into the days

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:03:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

please have a look at

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/OpenPrinting_Summit_San_Francisco_2009#Agenda

The length of the sessions between the breaks given by the agenda of the
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/collaboration-summit/agenda/
was not very friendly for fitting in the sessions we have talked about
on this Tuesday's planning phone meeting, but I have got it together.

The topics most interesting for the printer vendors I have put onto the
Wednesday. Once, Nagasaki-san and Tak Shizoaki will probably only attend
the first day if they come, and second, I have put the sessions into the
afternoon, as this is the better time for Japaneses to call in (SF's
morning is in the middle of the night for Japan). See

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=4&day=9&year=2009&p1=224&p2=136&p3=37&p4=248

The second day is 3 hours color management and 3 hours Desktop printing.
The Joint meeting with the Desktop Architects should be scheduled as a
part of the desktop printing sessions in the afternoon. We can continue
the discussion in the breakout sessions of the third day.

On the third day we will do the breakouts, and the joint meetings with
LSB and Driver Backports.

I had to break the driver package part into two pieces, to make the
printer vendor part more accessible for the vendors (see reasoning for
the first day) and to be able to run a joint session with the Driver
Backports.

Slight changes are possible, for example if one of the LF workgroups
does not agree with our schedule of their joint meeting, or if one of
you has problems to attend the sessions he desires to attend.

Please tell what you think about the schedules and make suggestions if
you want to have something changed.

If you want to give a presentation, edit the session where you want to
give it, and upload and link your slides as soon as you have them ready.
Slides should be uploaded before the event so that phone attendees can
easily follow your talk and attendees in general could prepare for the
discussion.